Friday, January 9, 2009

Green in NOT the new black!

I cannot stand the term going green. I think it's a fad and will eventually die out when Hollywood decides there's another cause that's cooler. I also think it's something we should always be thinking about whether it's cool or not at the moment. However, I have decided to be a little bit better about doing my part. The biggest thing (and yes, I do have slightly selfish reasons) is to use my own cup at Starbucks. I go there 1 - 2 times a day. So, I figure if I use my own cup that's over 700 paper cups I'm saving. The selfish part is you get 10 cents off your order. So that's almost $75 a year I'm saving! So I guess "going green" (ugh!) is saving me green.

1 comment:

Beth Miller said...

Woah! I had no clue its 10 cents off if you bring your own cup! Awesome!