Thursday, March 8, 2012

Becoming a Wife... The Lighter Side



I realize my last post was pretty heavy. So hear are some things I have to get used/change/look forward to when I get married that are a lot more light-hearted:

1) I no longer (well I can but it would be inconsiderate) get up, turn on all the lights and then blast the stereo or TV so I can hear it while I'm getting ready in the morning. C gets up later than I have to for work. I don't think he'll appreciate this.

2) I am used to living alone, so I never close the bathroom door. This isn't something I have to really worry about because I always close it when people are here. Just something I thought of. Oh, and I will never be that person who feels comfortable leaving it open. Gross. Some things should always (and will) remain a mystery.


3) I have to live with a boy!!! Ew! Just kidding, I cannot wait to live with him. He's not gross at all, he is very neat and doesn't do gross boy stuff. Unless, he gets comfortable when we get married. Ha.


4) Speaking of that, C and I are both very meticulous. This will be interesting, as we both like doing certain things certain ways. For example, I know he likes his tee-shirts folded in a specific way and it is different than how I do it. Like I said, these things will be interesting as we go along.


5) Learning that doing things my way isn't always necessarily right. (Whew! That was hard to admit!)


6) I get to come home to him every single day! Can't wait!


7) I get to spend every single holiday with him!


8) Doing our laundry (I know, that's weird.)


9) I look forward to seeing his glasses on the bathroom counter.


10) Starting new traditions together.


11) Sharing the same last name.


12) Vacations together, starting with our honeymoon to Jamaica. SO EXCITED!


13) Having our home together.


Here's a little bit of what we've been doing on the house. I promise I will put up more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Katie Bailey said...

great post :) and all so true. Drove by your house otw home from work the other night and tried to glance in the iwndows as I drove down Park!!! (didn't work...)