Thursday, February 19, 2009

Book Smarts

Okay, because the stretch of I-40 between Knoxville and Memphis so frequently sees my SUV I have discovered the joy of audio books. Cracker Barrel has this awesome thing where you can buy an audio book from them and if you return it within a week they reimburse you minus $3.50. I think this is so great because it's cheap and convenient. Honestly, if I buy an audio book (which is rare), I'm not going to listen to it again (with the exception of Harry Potter and the Shopaholic series) so this just makes so much sense. However, this situation brings up a question: If I listen to a book on CD, can I say I've read it? I love to read, and I admit, I judge people who say they do not. I feel like I'm cheating. I love books on CD and they make car rides much more enjoyable, but I'm not actually reading the book. So can I say I read it?

No comments: