Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Autumnal Birthday Bash

Let me start this post with a little background story. As y'all all know by now, I love theme parties. You can find some prior posts on them here, here and here. I come by this naturally. My mom can rock a theme party. I always had elaborate birthday parties where everything went with the theme. These were the days before Pinterest, y'all. She of course got this from her mother, "Mawgie." She told me a story where Mawgie traced and colored individual paper sacks for goodie bags for one of my mom's childhood birthday parties.
Well, let me tell you my friends Samantha and her mom Sheila can throw one heck of a party, too. A few weeks ago we went to a party at their house to celebrate Samantha and her hubbt Neil's 30th birthday and mama Sheila's 60th. It was a blast. Lots of details, great food and an awesome band. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.



I would never have thought to use a changing table as a bar.
So clever!


Of course there had to be a spot set up where the guys could watch the college games.
Sam went to MSU, her hubby went to Ole Miss.



This is where the guys were cooking all the meat.

AMAZING cake made by our sweet friend Kayce's (remember from here at the tailgate?) mom.

I thought the unlisted napkins were clever.

Taco bar

Great band

Fried bologna Do yourself a favor and go try some right now.

The fabulous Sheila

The fabulous Samantha

From left to right;
me, Christopher, Samantha, her hubby Neil, Matt and Kayce
You know it was a fun party when your hair ends up like this.
 
Amazing party and great friends. Did I mention Sheila's signature cocktail was an apple cider with tequila and rum in it? Yeah...

The ladies also run a very cute boutique. Go and check them out on Facebook. The Shop of S & J. Sam is also a very talented interior designer, if you ever need someone she's your girl.

No comments: