Saturday, December 7, 2013

Fashion Friday: Resort Wear

I apologize for my absence. I realize it's been over a month since I posted something. (New Year's resolution: post to blog regularly) It's been a crazy past few weeks. The weekend of November 15th we went to The Bahamas with my company. It was a blast!
Welcome party on the beach

One of the many slides (that's C coming down)

Our room

View from our room
 Let's talk about what to wear while on vacation. As the city shut down for a terrible ice storm (which didn't happen) and we're all snuggled up inside scared to venture out into the 20 degree temps, let's think about what we'd be wearing in tropical temps. It was fun to pack for warm temps. I got to dig out all the things I'd just packed away for winter. The only problem with this, is if you want to buy something new (ie a swimsuit) it's darn near impossible to find. My friend, Kate had this adorable, retro-style, bikini that she'd bought for her trip to Florida this summer. She said it was made by "Seafolly," an Australian company and she found it on Zappos. She said it was a little on the pricy side ($100 -$120 range) but it was worth it. It's quality made and very flattering. I went to Zappos and because summer is over, they were on sale! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, because summer is over everything was picked over. I could find the bottoms in my size, but the only top they had was DD. Or my size top, but size 00 bottoms. Long story short, my sweet friend lent me her swim suit. I will definitely be buying one as soon as spring is here! Here it is:
 

The high bottoms are super flattering! When going to the pool or beach, I never go without sunblock on my face, big sunglasses and a big hat. I was fortunate that the night before I left I was at Banana shopping and found that navy sunhat on clearance from this summer. It was perfect!
 
 
So, for times we weren't at the pool or beach I packed a few pairs of shorts and tops. I made the mistake of overpacking on our honeymoon. Don't forget: you're going to spend almost all your time in your swimsuit and cover-up so a lot of extra day time clothes aren't necessary. You can dress up your casual wear with shoes and a statement necklace. See below.

My Tory Burch slides are my go-to! We are standing next to a sculpture in our resort that apparently cost a million dollars to create.
 When it comes to going out for dinner, I suggest packing 2 dresses that can roll in your suitcase and won't get wrinkled. Below is a dress I also wore on our honeymoon that I bought at Dillards.
  
 
Friday night for the beach party I chose a maxi dress I purcahsed at a local Memphis boutique. It packs really easy.
 
So, after a nice long weekend in The Bahamas we came back to reality and started getting ready for Thanksgiving. We were hosting this year, and of course I had things I wanted to get done on the house before the big day. But, that's for another post. Stay tuned!

No comments: