Saturday, March 8, 2014

Weekends



I absolutely love weekends where we don't have much going on. Last weekend was one of those weekends. We went to dinner Friday night with the hubby's family because his uncle was in town. We went to Bonefish, which is one of my faves as far as chain restaurants go. Saturday morning C played tennis with one of our good friends. His wife was out of town, which meant I got to spend the morning with their sweet 1 year old.

I mean seriously. Isn't he precious? He really wanted to eat the apples on the counter!

 
Libby would sniff and try to cuddle, Marty barked almost the entire time. At one point, both dogs got on the couch and everyone was still just long enough where I could get a pic.
 
That afternoon (it was absolutely gorgeous outside), we went and had margaritas before going to the movies. The restaurant shares a parking lot with the new Whole Foods that has come to Memphis. The parking lot was swarming with people going in and out, so since we had a little time to kill we decided to go see what all the fuss was about. I just don't get it. It's everything you can get at Kroger plus a cafe and a lot of hippie food you can't buy at Kroger. It also seemed overpriced. I think I'll stick with Krogering. Here are a few things I observed while we were there that just validated I am not a Whole Foods customer:

 Dread lock mama (or Grandmama?)

Saw this in the parking lot. It's ironic, cliche and just plain funny. 

We went and saw Non-stop. While Liam Neeson does a great job the movie is pro-militant, anti-military liberal propaganda and a complete waste of $16.

Sunday was church and then back into our sweats for TV and naps as the weather dropped 30 degrees and poured down rain. Looking forward to this weekend! What's your favorite kind of weekend?

No comments: