Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm a little late with this post, but I was waiting for my mom to e-mail me the pics. This year was a first for us: My dad's whole family convened at my parents' house in Colorado. Normally we spend Thanksgiving just the 4 of us. This year, however, we actually got all of us together. People came from all over. Here is the cast list for Thanksgiving 2009:
Me (duh) Memphis, TN
Sandy Heckman (my dad) Windsor, CO
Willma Heckman (my mom)Windsor, CO
Kyle Heckman (my little brother) Greeley, CO
Grandma (dad's mom) Quincy, IL
Chuck (dad's stepdad) Quincy, IL
Aunt Cindy (dad's sister) Salt Lake City, UT
Uncle Arlyn (Aunt Cindy's husband) Salt Lake City, UT
Aunt Tammy (dad's sister) North Hampton, MA
Uncle Thad (dad's brother) Carbondale, IL
Aunt Patty (Thad's wife) Carbondale, IL
Asa (Thad and Patty's son) Carbondale, IL
Sierra (Thad and Patty's daughter) Carbondale, IL
Sadly, there were a few people missing. Aunt Cindy and Uncle Arlyn's daughters and their familes couldn't make it. But there's always next year!

Here are some highlights:

Me with the second batch of pumpkin pie. The first one turned green. Note: Do not use Kroger brand pumpkin, always stick with Libby's.
Making the pie. This is a secret family recipe belonging to my great-aunt Willma (Mom's namesake). So, I cannot share. However, if you want a good recipe my friend, Leslie made one during her pie week. I'm sure it's delish.
Kyle and I doing the "Tonto" dance. What can we say? We're both hams and we like to have fun. You should've seen us swing dancing. It's a very weird feeling when you're little brother gets big enough to pick you and and throw you in the air. (Let me make it clear that this was to the tune of "In the Mood," while we were dancing. He wasn't beating me up.) Aunt Patty and Sierra are cracking up over us.

Asa, Sierra, me, Aunt Patty, Kyle and Uncle Arlyn eating our yummy dinner. The grandkids and in-laws sat in the kitchen so Grandma could eat with all her kids in the dining room, since it's so are she has them all together.
From left-right, front row:Uncle Thad, Grandma, my Dad second row: Aunt Cindy, Aunt Tammy
Grandma and (almost) all her grandkids.
It was a great holiday, and I hope we make it an annual thing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad your Thanksgiving was good and your pie turned out! trying again never hurt anybody!