Monday, May 16, 2011

Don't Stop, BELIEVING!!!

I ♥ MEMPHIS! I think I live in one of the greatest cities in America. We have history, culture, it doesn't take forever to get to any one place in town, we have amazing restaurants (and not just the BBQ joints!), lots of famous people are from here (from the obvious ones: Elvis, Justin Timberlake, Al Green to the not so obvious ones like Dixie Carter - LOVE HER!, Wink Martindale, Reggie White) I could go on and on and on.

In the past few weeks, my love has grown even deeper, not just for my city but for my love of NBA basketball. I ♥ The Memphis Grizzlies!!! We have had so much fun following them this season and watching them go on to the NBA finals. Although the loss yesterday was sad, it is so nice to see our beautiful city in the news for something positive. (Having been temporaily displaced from Memphis, and the south for 11 years of my life, I can tell you that the rest of the country has no clue as to what it's really like down here.) Anyway, Christopher and I have had the pleasure of going to several games including 2 playoff games (he actually went to 3 playoff games) I was at Music Fest but I still watched it! Here are some pictures of us this weekend when we watched the Grizzlies win Friday night and then welcomed them back home yesterday:

"Believe Memphis" has been the slogan for the season, it seemed to have worked!




Al Green (a very famous Memphian) sang the National Anthem. I always get goosebumps when I hear it, but especially hearing him sing it!




This was the name of the halftime act, I found it humorous when they said "The Amazing Christopher!" He came out with these bars attached to him with these manaquins dressed like the Village People (he was the Indian) and when he moved they all moved and dance. He lipsynced all (3) of their hits. Check it out here.




With our "Growl Towels" and free "Believe Memphis" shirts. Mine is more like a nightgown.










Grizzlies win!




Where the Grizzlies land, we thought maybe Christopher being a Wilson as well, would hook us up with meeting the players. (okay, not really)




It was unseasonably FREEZING yesterday!




Their plane. The pilot waved his yellow growl towel out the window (unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of that.)




Sorry for the blur, but that's Zack Randolph in the stripes and Mike Conley in the maroon.




Haddadi

OJ Mayo rockin' that Burberry shirt and had Louis Vuitton luggage to DIE for!




Tony Allen also walked by us and Shane Battier (who I met the week before, SO CUTE!) C got pics on his phone.




All in all, a great season for the Grizz. We're looking into getting season tickets for next year. If anyone is interested in sharing with us!

1 comment:

Katie Bailey said...

I'm glad one of us likes this city... ;)


Good post though!