Monday, August 1, 2011

Tourist in my own city (part deux)







Please forgive me for the lapse in my posts. Life has continued to remain crazy. Thank you for the prayers for Christopher's granddad, please continue them as he is moved back home today to start hospice care.

2 weeks ago, my dear friend Shannon and her precious girls came to visit (finally!) We've been trying to coordinate our schedules forever for her to get down here and this summer it finally worked out. So, once again I got to be a tourist in my own great city of Memphis as I did here back in January of 2010. PS It's a lot better doing this stuff in January than in July. WHEWEY! Was it ever HOT!



Took them to the zoo. Little did we know it was free day for all TN residents. Let's just say the zoo was a zoo (pun intended)


Doing the Shrinky Dinks they got at The Children's Museum (my mom was still there at that point and took them while I was at work)


Shannon made amazing goulash for dinner and a roach (yes, my house is clean and Terminix does come and spray but it is the south afterall) crawled over her foot, so this was her solution. Don't worry, I killed it!


We all had way too much fun playing "Just Dance," Just Dance 2," and the "Michael Jackson Experience" on the Wii!



Of course we had to go to Graceland!!!!


Iris with her Icee at the Redbirds game.


Larae got a giant ice cream.


All in all, a good visit. It's been way too long since I've gotten to hang out with my Micklatcher girls!

No comments: