Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wreath Making

Last week I flew to my parents' house for a girls' weekend with my mom. My dad was out of town on a mission trip, and while he did come home early we had a great time. I spent Saturday introducing my mom to Downton Abbey and making a Pinterest Craft.

You know that handy dandy pin on Pinterest that says you can make pool noodles and turn them into foam wreaths? Well, it works. My mom had a whole box in her garage that didn't sell in her yard sale. Lucky us! We had to cut a chunk off so it made a round shape instead of an oval. Then, we duct taped them together.
Me being silly with our "wreaths"

Then we wrapped them with burlap ribbon. One roll was exactly enough.

 
 
Here it is all wrapped.
 
We used an ice pick to poke holes in the foam and then we poked silk fall foilage in them. My mom had a whole box so all we had to buy was the ribbon.


Ta da!!! Mine is on the left.
 
 
My pants after all the burlap ribbon.
 
Since we had the flowers and the noodles. all it cost to make them was the $4 for the ribbon, not bad eh? Now that I know the pool noodle trick I will be making lots more wreaths. I made these last fall:
 

             
 

No comments: