Monday, September 15, 2014

High Maintenance

I'm on my way to sunny California this morning for 10 days of training for the new job. Y'all I think I over did it on packing. The thing is, I have to have business clothes for each day and I'm not sure what the laundry situation will be. I went to Europe for over 2 weeks and took the same suitcase I'm taking today. I take my Girl Scout motto of "Be Prepared" very seriously. I don't want to get there and not have something. 10 days also means that travel sized shampoo and face wash won't cut it. And if I'm being completely honest here (and this is what defines me as "high maintenance") I packed coffee creamer. Not the powdered stuff, but the full on liquid. I froze it last night and put ice packs around it in a Ziplock so it won't go bad while en route. If you read my post yesterday, you know I'm weird about my coffee. So to make myself feel more at home, I packed my beloved sugar free pumpkin spice Coffee-mate to have in the morning while I get ready. Like I do at home. I also included a Tervis tumbler so I can take it with me. 

Speaking of making things feel like home, I packed a frame pic of me and the hubby. Again, I know. HIGH MAINTENANCE. What can I say? This is the longest I've gone being away from him and I'm a big ol' baby. I have friends whose husbands and boyfriends have gone off to Afghanistan for months at a time. I have a new found respect for them. How do they do it? 

Have a great Monday everybody! 





No comments: