Friday, December 13, 2013

Fashion Friday: Thanksgiving and Winter Wear

I really don't have a favorite season. I used to think I did, but I love them all! When fall rolls around, I am so excited to wear boots and sweaters, in winter my coat and scarves, then spring I'm ready for skirts with no tights and then summer I love my sun dresses. So right now, I'm just basking in the glory of all my favorite winter wear.

This year we hosted Thanksgiving at our house. It was a lot of fun. My parents came in from Colorado, Christopher's parents came and his grandmother. We were sad that my little bro couldn't make it, but we did FaceTime him. We keep Thanksgiving somewhat casual in the sense of we put all the food on the counter so everyone can make their plate and we don't dress up. However, I LOVE china. I loved that I got to use it all. My china pattern is "Autumn" by Lenox. I've loved it since I was probably 12 (only a true Southern belle would pick her china pattern as a child!). So since we weren't too fancy I opted for pants, a flannel button down and a sweater.

 Pants: Express Sweater, shirt and boots: Banana Republic
All are still in stores except the boots, but I'm sure they have similar ones.


Of course I had to dress it up with pearls! I wouldn't be a true Southern hostess without pearls, right?
Statement necklace: Stella & Dot
Below is another one of my favorite looks for winter. I LOVE how fur vests are back in style. I have 2, 1 from college and 1 from a few years ago. This just goes to show that you should never get rid of anything because it will come back in style. I found the skirt at BR and paired it with the vest. Y'all know how I love hats, so the felt wide-brimmed hat was the perfect edition to the outfit. Let me tell you, if you wear a hat ladies you will get noticed. I think I'm going to always wear a hat to work now. I think I'll sell more!


Hat, skirt and boors: Banana Republic
Leggins: Old Navy
Vest: New York and CO


What are some of your favorite looks for winter? Below are a few more fave looks to go on my wish list.
 

Love her coat and scarf! And of course the Louis Vuitton.

I have a slight obsession with vests. I own 5.

It doesn't matter what she wears, she always looks fabulous.

I have a similar sweater from Old Navy. So comfy!