Thursday, February 27, 2014

Between the Covers

Get your mind out of the gutter, this post isn't anything dirty. I'm in a book club! (Yes, I know I'm so punny!) I've always wanted to do a book club, but could never find anyone who read or just couldn't get it organized and scheduled. That has all changed. Tuesday night, I and 4 other friends gathered at my house to start our very own book club. We had dinner and discussed what books we want to read. We decided for our first book, we should read something none of us have read before so we settled on Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn. None of us have read it yet and know that it's been made into a film that will come out later this year. My friend, Ashley had posted on her blog about how she's challenged herself to read 16 books before they become movies. This one is on the list and we're all pretty excited about it.

 
Dinner was followed by the yummy deliciousness from 2 different bakeries: Muddy's (a local shop that's been here for a few years now) and Nothing Bundt Cake (just came to Memphis and has locations all over, it happens to be next to "my" Starbucks this is bad, y'all). Serously, y'all. Go getcha some! Now! I recommend the Lemon raspberry from NBC and the chocolate raspberry from Muddy's. 

Our book club!
 
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
Mark Twain

No comments: