Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter and Christianity What does it mean?


I have felt compelled to write to for awhile, and I figure today is the most appropriate. To all my fellow Christians, Happy Easter! To all of those who aren't Christian, don't know exactly what that means, etc, I'd like to offer you an explanation. Lately in the news, there have been so many negative things about Christianity. With all the talk about the businesses and bakeries, the true meaning of our faith gets skipped over. So let me explain. We celebrate Easter because it is the resurrection if Jesus Christ our savior (He can be yours, too!) We believe that Jesus Christ was born, and at age 33, He was crucified to take on ALL of our (yes, that includes you) sins so we can have life after death. Three days later, he rose again. This fulfilled 33 prophecies that were made throughout history before he was crucified. That's all there is to it. You just have to believe He died for you. That's it. I had a friend tell me once that her boyfriend said he couldn't be a Christian because there were too many rules to follow. That breaks my heart. No matter what you hear, this isn't about rules. It's about a relationship, a relationship with Christ. There is nothing so bad that He will not forgive you!! Isn't that awesome? I normally screw up before my feet ever hit the floor in the morning, and while I try to do my best to be as good of a person I can be, I know I am not perfect. Thankfully, He is and He can forgive me repeatedly. 

So, please. As you ponder Christianity, don't let the things on the news be the representation of what you think our faith is. It is not a faith to breed hate and discrimination. Jesus commands us to love one another and not to judge, less we be judged. Do not think of us as a group of people who follow rules, and think we are better tha everyone because we are all sinners. Everyone in this world, yet because of Him we can be washed clean of these sins. If you have ever considered excepting Jesus in your life, just know all it takes is to believe He died for your sins. You don't have to worry about measuring up to some big list of rules and regulations because that would be impossible. 

If you ever want to talk, ask me more about what I believe, get into the nitty gritty deep conversations about what's going on in the news with bakeries and pizzerias, anything at all. Please contact me. I'd love to talk to you. Jenniferwilson413@yahoo.com
Here's a few videos that might explain a little more:







No comments: