Friday, April 24, 2015

Happy Anniversary!

Last week, we celebrated 3 whole years of marriage. I'll admit we are a little spoiled in the sense that we have taken a trip every year for our anniversary. I guess that means we spoiled ourselves? We said we wanted to travel a lot before we had kids so I guess we did just that. We decided to go back to Montego Bay, Jamaica where we went on our honeymoon. My biggest problem with travelling is that there are so many cool places I want to see, yet so many cool places I have yet to see that it's hard to pick a spot some times. Does anyone else struggle with this? Well, we decoded to go back to Jamaica but this time we tried Secrets St. James. For our honeymoon, we stayed at Sandals. Honestly, they were pretty equal. I can't really say which one was better or which one I liked more. Wince our last 2 anniversaries were more active trips instead of vacays, we decided for our last anniversary trip as a family of 2 we wanted a relaxing trip whee we could just lay around and literally wouldn't have to worry about anything. That's exactly what we did. 
First night there, we met this guy. Couldn't resist getting a pic. How can you really be rivals when you're in such an awesome location!

Who ended up being our favorite bartender, got me this coconut to drink coconut water out of when we were waiting for our room. The background is the view from our room. Not too shabby!

First day on the beach. Tankini: Motherhood Maternity

This guy decided to jump in the ocean in his wife/girlfriend/whoever's bikini. Too funny!

I was too chicken to hold the parrot (and figured he'd scratch my shoulder). His name was. Bob. 
Cover up: Pea in the Pod Hat: Target

Had fun tie dying tee shirts!

Climbed up on this for a photo op. Beautiful view!

Pretty much how we spent the whole trip. And how cute is this guy? The past three years have been so much fun being married to him.


What a relaxing vacation! So nice to switch off our phones and have no contact with the outside world for 5 days. And thank goodness for Kindles! I read two books over the trip. Have any of y'all read "The Husband's Secret?" So good!!!! I couldn't put it down.


I'll leave you with some Flashback Friday pics of that wonderful Friday the 13th back in 2012. Here's to at least 73 more years!






All photo credit to Kevin Barre.
Cakes: Aunt Donna's Cakes
Church: Collierville United Methodist
Reception Venue: Heartwood Hall

No comments: