Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How I Do It Tuesday: Make-up

Since I posted about how I left my make-up at home when I went to Colorado, I thought I'd give you a look into my morning routine. I actually wear A LOT of make-up. The key is to look like you're not wearing any at all. You don't want to look like this:




Primer is key for getting your foundation on smoothly. I also put concealer on underneath my foundation to really cover up any blemishes that may have come up or any dark circles. MAC is definitely my brand of choice. Their foundation is full coverage, but it doesn't feel heavy on your face. You can layer it if you need more coverage, too. The prep and prime powder is my absolute favorite. It looks white, but goes on clear. So you don't have to worry about your shade, it also gives you that flawless photo finish. NARS blush in Orgasm (you can guess why they gave it that name) is always my go-to. It gives a nice, natural glow but not too overdone. To finish I always use a bronzer. I always wear tons of sunscreen on my face, so I never get a tan there. (I don't want to risk getting wrinkles!) Bronzer gives you that nice glow and then your face won't be shades lighter than your body. No one wants to look sick!
 
 
 
1//2//3//4//5//6
 
When it comes to eye makeup I love to mix it up and use different colors. I have a ridiculous amount of eyeshadow. MAC has this great recycle program where for every 6 empty containers you give them you get a free lipstick at any MAC counter in a department store. HOWEVER, if you take them to an actual MAC store you get a free eyeshadow. So, I never pay for eyeshadow. I always wait until I'm going to be in Nashville and take all my empty containers to the store in the Greenhills Mall. Sadly, Memphis doesn't have the actual store just counters in Macy's. I don't wear lipstick enough to benefit from that many free lipsticks. Anyway, below are the 3 eyeshadows I wear on a daily basis to work. I put the first one on the base of my lid, the second in the crease and the third I put a tiny bit in the outer corner of my eye. As far as eyeliner, I put white eyeliner on the lower, inner waterline. This makes your eyes look brighter and more awake. It's also a great way to get rid of redness if you stayed out partying the night before. Then I take a charcoal or brown liner right below that on my lower lashline. I also put it on my upper lasheline and after that I hold my lid up and line right through my lashers to fill in. The purpose of eyeliner is to extend your lashes. Last, I use Loreal's double extend mascara. It comes with a primer that coats and protects your lashes. But the best part is it's a tube mascara. So, it doesn't smudge easily and to take it off you literally just wet your fingers and rub your eyes and it comes off in clumps instead of running down your face. It's just as good as expensive tube mascaras I've tried but much more economical.  
 
 
1//2//3//4//5
 
So, that's a little look into my morning makeup routine. I know I could cut out some of this and get ready a lot faster, and yes there are some mornings where I have to get ready fast and a few steps get cut out. But honestly, I like my routine. Getting ready is my Jennifer time to myself before my day gets started. Of course after my face is taken care of, hair comes next  but we'll save that for another day. :)




No comments: