Sunday, January 19, 2014

Least Fave Months of the Year

Last night, we took down our Christmas decorations. Go ahead and judge because if you're one of those crazies who posts incessantly about how you can't wait to decorate for Christmas and have it all up by Thanksgiving yet get it all down once the presents are opened I judge you. No, seriously. I don't get it, you're so excited to get it all out yet you can't stand it once the day is over? I digress. Last year, we didn't get our Christmas decorations down until almost February. Or maybe it was February I don't remember. The biggest reason we didn't take them down was shear laziness, but we'd come home and turn on the tree and it was so nice and peaceful why take it down? We also don't put our tree up until December 1st, or right after Thanksgiving. This year those dates happened to coincide. We decided to keep the tradition going this year and keep the decorations up through January (most of it, at least). I mean, why not? If all the crazies can put their decorations up a month (or more) before Christmas why can't I leave it up a month after? I don't want to put them up before Thanksgiving because I like my fall decorations. But after Christmas there's nothing to look forward to. So, the tree keeps up happy. January and February are the most depressing months of the year. It's still freezing, yet there is no Christmas to distract me with (or birthday). It's just cold and miserable. March makes me happy because even if it's still cold, you know it won't last long. At least not in Memphis. People ask me why I don't live in Colorado anymore. Hello! Because it snows in March and April there. Come Easter, I want to wear a new spring dress to church, NOT wear pants, sweater, coat and gloves. Okay, but off my soap box now. Here are some pics of the Christmas decorations we took down that have sent me into my winter depression.


Ignore the open coat closet. I love the caroller figurines on top of the entertainment center.
My mom painted those a long time ago. She has a set too and they have always been part of our Christmas decorations.

Tree in our room. My mom also has this as well, that she puts in the guestroom I stay in at her house.
You saw it here.
Made this from Pinterest this year.

I LOVE how we wrapped our presents this year!

Recycled my pumpkins

Light looks nekkid now

Oh, Christmas tree
I admit, the Christmas china is still out. It should get switched out today. We'll see...
 Only 10 1/2 more months till I get to get it all out again! And only 2 months and 1 day till the first day of spring! The Broncos play the Patriots today. GO BRONCOS!!! Make Brady cry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No judging to each their own. The actual factual dates to put up tree and take them down Dec. 24- Jan. 6. Based on the actual 12 days of Christmas. I'm a pretty big traditionalist. I have recently moved tree up day up to Dec.15 because of kiddos and fake tree but I do take down on Jan. 6. According to my father it was bad luck to keep it up any longer.
And, for the record tree and decorations were down on that date but I have only just finished boxing it all up.