Monday, January 6, 2014

2014

Happy New Year! I realize I'm a few days late on this post. I went to my parents' house New Year's day and wrote a post on the plane, it did not save. Ugh. Oh well, moving on. Did y'all all have a fabulous New Year's eve? We had plans to go to dinner with friends in midtown and then stay out for the big countdown, but sickness descended upon our house (well, on me the hubby has a much stronger immune system. So while I planned on spending the evening like this:
It was spent like this:
My flight left the next morning at 7:30, so maybe it's a good thing I didn't stay out late. Would you believe I left my make-up bag in the bathroom at home? I realized it half way to the airport and it was too late to go back for it. I think I would have rather left my clothes. I had it all packed up to put in my carry on and completely forgot. So, as soon as I got to Colorado I had to go stock up on everything. I tried to only replace the necessities and went to Ulta and Walmart. If I'd replaced it all, product by product it would've been a very expensive trip. So, I made do.
 

 From left to right: My view of the mountains flying over Utah, another plane I saw while in the air, the view of the mountains before the snowstorm hit.


 
I was so sad that my hubby couldn't come with me (he had to work) but we Facetimed him when we did presents with my parents, and it gave me lots of girlfriend catch up time.
 
My best friend is pregnant so she definitely didn't mind that all I wanted to do was lay around and hang out. We spent the evening on the couch eating take-out and frozen yogurt watching Sex and the City. We were asleep by 10. My how times have changed!



My cocktails of choice.
We got really crazy and had caffeine free diet Cokes!

 
After staying at my bff's Thursday night, I met up with my other close friend the next day in Denver (yes, I saw a pot store on the way, and yes there was a line. Sorry, I couldn't snap a picture). We went to Casa Bonita which can only be described as a Mexican Chuck E Cheese. Her boys are 5 and 3, so they loved it and we got a chance to catch up.
 



After coughing and hacking for a week and mixing concoctions like the one below (and oops! I drank the whole thing instead of a tablespoon) I decided to go to the doctor. 

Turns out it was just sinusitis, but they made me wear this lovely mask just in case. Sexy, no?

 
Before I went to the doctor, I had coffee with my sweet friend Kandy from high school. This is what it looked like when I left that morning.
At least I got some use out of my Bean Boots (found here)
 
I spent the rest of the day holed up in my parents' theatre room re-watching Downton Abbey in honor of Sunday's premiere (don't tell me what happened! I haven't watched it yet!)
 

 
My family did wait and have Christmas dinner until I got in town. We always have surf and turf. I prefer surf. No, I didn't eat all of those but I could have!
 
 This tree is in my room at my parents'. We have the same one in our master room, it's just lacking those fabulous Barbie ornaments!

 On the way to the airport Sunday, I spotted this guy in a tree. Right before I got to town, my parents' had 8 in a tree in their back yard. Cool, huh? "Merica.


It was a great trip, I'm now home where I apparently took the cold weather with me. 10 degrees?! Seriously? I can't handle it. Now that Christmas is over can't it just be 75 until next Christmas? Look for more posts revolving around New Year's and fresh starts, resolutions, etc. Cheers!


No comments: