Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Another New Recipe

Last night, I tried a new recipe and I have to say it was a hit. You can find the recipe here at www.tastesbetterfromscratch.com She adapted her recipe from Paula Deen. Nothing says Southern like Paula!
The recipe calls for peeled, sliced tomatoes (recipe said Roma were best, so that's what I used). I blanched mine to make it easier. I cut a small, shallow "x" in the bottom and boiled them for 30 seconds. That's about how long it takes for the skin to start to come off. I then took a slotted spoon to get them out and put them in an ice bath for 5 minutes. The skin just slides off in your fingers. Then I sliced them and let them drain and sopped up any excess juice with a paper towel.


Not as pretty as the original recipe's picture, but they're peeled!


You can use red or green onion. I chose red, since I already had it on hand.

Mayo and cheese mixture with some salt and pepper sprinkled on top.

Voila! Finished product.


Delish!

2 comments: