Thursday, May 14, 2015

New Recipes

Seriously, what did we ever do before Pinterest? It makes it so easy to try new recipes. I love my cookbooks and try to use them frequently but Pinterest has made me lazy. This week I've made 2 new recipes thanks to Pinterest.
First up, Salsa Verde Chicken Bake found here. It was super easy and delicious! I served it over white rice. They do tell you that you can buy tomatillos and make your own salsa verde ( translation: green salsa), but I used jarred. I used the Herdez brand.
This recipe turned out so good. I was a little surprised, I thought it was too easy to end up being that good. But I see this ending up in our usual rotation of favorites. 

Of course, we ate on our yellow and blue plates to bring good luck to the Grizz but sadly it didn't work this time. Hopefully it will tonight!

The second recipe was what I made tonight and I'll admit I'm cheating a but because I have made this one once before but it was a looooooong time ago. Creamy and tomato spinach pasta and it's so good! Reminds me of penne rosa from Noodles and Co (are we ever going to get one in Memphis?). Pretty simple to put together, paired with a salad it would make a great "company" dinner. 


My friend Angela introduced me to the Egg White Delight McMuffin. Pregnancy has made me crave them every single morning. That and my daily Starbucks, can add up quickly. I decided to make my own, and it turned out almost the exact same. I think I like them so much because I'm not big on egg yolks and there is something about that white cheddar that is so darn yummy! 

I just use Thomas' English muffins, one slice Kroger Canadian bacon, 2 egg whites (I spray a little Pam in a little flat dish I have, whisk the egg with a bit of water and nuke for about 45 seconds) and a slice of Cracker. Barrel sharp white cheddar. I plan on having one every morning until I get sick of it. 

No comments: