Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Princess Charlotte


Isn't she a gorgeous baby?!

Kate and William welcomed their beautiful princess into the world the other day. Unless you have been living under a rock, you know this. I'll admit I love keeping up with the royal family. I think it's because we haven't had anyone in the family to love since Diana. Kate is my generation's Diana and it's just fun to keep up with them. And let's face it, she's a lot more classy of a celeb to follow than those dang Kardashians. (I could dedicate a whole other blog on how much I can't stand them.) I love to check out what Kate's wearing and would give my eye teeth to have her maternity wardrobe!


What I don't understand is all the backlash Kate's getting from people on social media. Before I go any further let me preface the rest of this post with this: Yes, I know I am going to sound like a hypocrite for posting anything about not judging celebrities. There's nothing I enjoy more than talking about how certain celebs are ruining the world, or how stupid I think they are. Hence my comment above about the Kardashians. So, no need to call me out on it. I've already recognized this. With that being said, I don't understand why people are saying so many negative things about Kate.


I love how happy they look in this picture. And, you'll notice that's a loose dress. I'm guessing because she didn't want anything close to her crotch! 

First off, people are going on and on about how did she make herself look so great. Then they make comments like "must be nice to have a hair and makeup team to fix you up," and so on and so on. Come on people, did you expect her to come out in a ponytail, yoga pants and no makeup? If she did, then you'd all be saying "I can't believe the wife and mother of the future King(s) of England couldn't put a little effort into her appearance." Kate is not a "regular" celebrity. She's royalty. There are certain expectations of her she has to meet. I mean for crying out loud, the Queen has a list of things you can and can't do in her presence. For instance, did you know you never say "loo" or "bathroom" in front of her? You have to ask for a "comfort break." So did you ever think that maybe Kate doesn't get a choice in how she appears after the princess was born. Also, Kate is not a big person. She has a body we'd all calorie count and work out for hours for and probably never achieve. (God gave her great genes.) So, that makes it a lot easier to look good post-baby. She never looked fat even 9 months pregnant! She did have natural childbirth, so she's also not going to have that groggy look and can walk a lot easier since the lower half of her body was never numbed.


Everyone's talking about how bad they felt after they gave birth. Um, nowhere that I've seen said that Kate felt amazing. Y'all know she's got on a major maxi pad on under that dress and is probably thinking  "as soon as this is over I can get home and put on my royal Lulu Lemon yoga pants and lie down." Again, she has certain expectations to meet. Someone expected to take a "comfort break" isn't going to come out and say, "Natural childbirth is a bitch! My vagina feels like it was ripped open!" Just saying...


Everyone is in shock about how she went home the same day. Hello!!! If you could have the same round-the-clock care you get in the hospital from the comfort of your own home, wouldn't you take it? I would! My own bed? Yes, please!


That's just my take on things. I also don't remember anything like this being said when she had George. 

You can see that bump! Good for her!


I'd just like to end on this: What is wrong with caring about your appearance? In a few months, I will be giving birth. I won't have the luxuries that Kate had. However, I plan on fixing my hair and makeup before I have visitors and before going home. Borrowing that there are no major complications and I don't feel like utter crap. Now, I don't want to hear anyone say "just you wait, once you've done it you'll think differently." Blah, blah, blah. Like I said, borrowing no major complications. I KNOW myself better than anyone. I'm the girl who likes to be fixed up. It's just who I am. You might be the girl who doesn't. Or maybe it's not always a major priority. That's ok. That's the girl you are. I don't judge you for it. So don't judge me, or Kate.

No comments: