Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again

Actually, I am over being on the road. I really don't want to see the inside of a car for a really long time. Friday, Mom and I got up and headed east. We drove to Columbia, Misouri. Got up, took a side trip to Quincy, Illinois and saw my grandma then continued on to Memphis. Then, Sunday we (including my friend, Rachel) drove to Knoxville. By the way, Libby was with us the whole time. If anyone hates the car as much as we do at this point, it's her.

So... after 2 days (and about 1000 apartment complexes), I found an apartment. It's really cute! It's 10 minutes from campus, so it's not in walking distance but that's probably for the better. I think I'd get tired of being around a bunch of 18-year-old, first time college students, getting ready for their keggers. We also learned that there are cheap apartments that are really crappy, or new, nice apartments that are really pricey. But, fortunately for me, mine isn't too expensive. Poor Libby, had to ride in the car through out all of the apartment search. We didn't leave her in the car for too long, but she's never been a fan of the car ride. Not, your typical dog. We would try to walk her as much as possible and eat out on the patios of places so she could be with us. She always attracts a lot of attention wherever she goes.

So, that's it. I found me and Kyle an apartment and will be saying so long to Memphis on August 1.

No comments: