Thursday, July 10, 2008

You can't start a fire without a spark..




This gun's for hire (c'mon! everybody!) even if we're just dancin' in the dark.

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks and I have yet to comment on seeing Bruce in Paris. Well let me just say, it was FAN-TAS-TIC. I've never seen an audience with so much energy, and his matched ours. He sang for almost three hours and didn't stop once. He sang my favorite song, Atlantic City, which made me extremely happy. For those of you who don't know this, Bruce wrote Blinded by the Light, which is sung by Manfred Mann. Well, in the show he sang Because the Night. I instantly recognized it, but I knew it was sang by a girl. I figured it must be like Blinded by the Light. Sure enough, that's the case. It was a nice surprise and added to the long list of great songs he has written. Anyway, it was unbelievable and really hard to put into words.

A funny thing happened on the way back to the hotel. We were sitting on the Metro, when an announcement came over the speaker in French and everyone got off the train. Unlike, America they don't repeat the announcement in English. So, we get off the train not having any idea what we're doing. We hear some guy and mom goes "Hey! You speak English!" He replies,"Unfortunately I don't speak French." Well, it turns out we just had to get on the train on the other side of the platform. Anyway, we continue talking to the guy and his wife who are from Phoenix. I joked and said I had to go all the way to Paris because Springsteen never comes any where near Memphis. He said, "Well you know he's coming to Nashville in August, right?" "WHAT?!" The tickets went on sale the next day at 10am eastern time. We were going to be on a train from Paris to London. What's a (wannabe) Jersey girl to do? Well, when I get back from Europe I have an e-mail from my friend Bryan. "In case you didn't know The Boss is coming to Nashville and I have floor seats. Want to accompany me?" AAHHH! So, excited!!! Probably the sweetest thing anyone's done for me. So, on August 21 (my dad's birthday) I am seeing The Boss in the Music City.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Oh that Lance, he is a stand up guy... ;)