Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pay Toilets and $5 Cokes (fried and unfried)

Well, I am back from my grand tour of Europe. I have a new found appreciation for this great country we call home. Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful time on my trip and we'll never forget it. But, I am so thankful to be an American citizen. So, now I am back in "Greality." I'll be here another week before going home to Memphis. Then I am packing up and moving further east to Knoxville. I believe I am still jet lagged. I actually believe it's not so much the jet lag that's catching up with me as much as the getting up every day at 5:30 and being on the go til midnight for two weeks is. You have to pay to use public toilets over there. Granted, they're a lot cleaner than the ones here, but it's kind of a pain.



So, tonight my parents and I went to the Greeley Stampede. This is the big rodeo/concerts/carnival that comes to Greeley every year. We went just to eat junk for dinner. I had a fried Snickers for dinner. It's actually pretty good. Then, I saw the sign for fried Coke. No, you're not hallucinating, it did say fried Coke. Of course, I had to check this out. What it was, was these fried donut things that had Coke in them. Then, they put them in a cup, pour a little Coke on them and top with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and whipped cream. I won't lie, it was pretty good. Of course I didn't finish it because that would be gross. Not that eating that in the first place after eating a fried candy bar isn't. Oh well, what can you do?

Tomorrow is the 4th. I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday. Let us remember what the holiday really stands for. For those of you who aren't sure, let me remind you: We're celebrating the birth of our country and the glorious freedoms we have. It's not just a day to get drunk and eat hotdogs.

No comments: