Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Hope all y'all have recovered from the weekend.  We had a fabulous weekend but it was jam packed! In fact I started typing this Tuesday night and ended up falling asleep! I apologize in advance for the layout of the pictures. Blogger is being totally weird and I'm losing my patience.

Friday night, while our fellas were at a bachelor party my friend Ashley and I went out for a girls's night. Needless to say, we were a little hungry!
Saturday, we were up bright and early and drove down to Sardis to my in-laws' lake house. We enjoyed a nice day out on the boat and of course the jetski. 
Saturday afternoon, we headed back to Memphis to cheer on our Memphis Grizzlies in the Western Conference Finals!!! This is the first time they've ever made it this far. 

 
We had a blast. Sadly, they lost Monday night. But, we are still proud of them and our city. It was awesome to see everyone come together and cheer for a common goal. Grit n grind! Oh, and we got to see Magic Johnson! He was there commentating on the game.

Sunday night, we went to celebrate the marriage of our friends Kris and Alyssa. It was a sweet ceremony and a great reception.



Being silly. We had a blast dancing, made obvious by how sweaty we are!


The happy couple!
Monday, needless to say, we were exhausted. This was my view that afternoon:
A few friends came over and we all just chilled at the pool. It was a nice relaxing afternoon. 

Love this guy!
 




 
 
Christopher grilled his famous jerk chicken that night and I made corn salad. It gave me a chance to use my corn kernal "thingy" from Pampered Chef!
 
 
Corn salad recipe can be found here. It's so yummy!!! It's a perfect side dish for a BBQ or cookout. 
 
Fantastic weekend. It's only taken me 'til Thursday to get it posted! And the following pic just goes to show that some guys just can't handle Memorial Day.
 
 

 
 

No comments: