Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Great Gatsby was well, GREAT!!!



Just like my friend Nikki said over at The Fashionable Wife it seems like I've waited forever for this movie to come out. It was supposed to be released Christmas day, but the released Django instead. I had been so excited because my birthday was the week before. If y'all will remember I had a Roaring Twenties themed party. But, alas I had to wait 5 more months to see the movie.

Y'all, it was worth the wait! I went last night with 2 of my sweet girlfriends and it was soooo good!!! I embarrassingly admit I had never read the book until last week. I was never required to in school, so I never got around to it. I don't like to see movies without reading the book first so I decided it was high time I read it. Fantastic, easy, entertaining read. Drop everything and go read it, or re-read it. So, last night I was ready. A tiny part of me was afraid it wouldn't be good just because Baz Luhrman did the film and he did the Romeo and Juliet with Leo in it, and I did not like that movie. Baz did not disappoint! The movie followed the book almost to a tea with only a few artistic liberties that did the book justice. GO SEE IT!!!
Seriously. Where did they film this??


My favorite outfit of Daisy's in the movie.




At dinner, Z-Bo and Marc stopped by to say hi. So excited to see the Grizz beat the Thunder tonight!! Who's going to the game? We'll be at C's high school reunion, but you know we'll be checking our Sportstacular apps!
GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!

No comments: